By David Bradshaw,Kevin J. H. Dettmar
- An crucial source for college students and lecturers of modernist literature and culture
- Broad in scope and complete in coverage
- Includes greater than 60 contributions from essentially the most extraordinary modernist students on each side of the Atlantic
- Brings jointly entries on parts of modernist tradition, modern highbrow and aesthetic hobbies, and the entire genres of modernist writing and art
- Features 25 essays at the sign texts of modernist literature, from James Joyce’s Ulysses to Zora Neal Hurston’s Their Eyes have been gazing God
- Pays shut realization to either British and American modernism
Read Online or Download A Companion to Modernist Literature and Culture (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture) PDF
Similar literary modernism criticism books
Modernism and concept boldly asks what – if any – position concept has to play within the new modernist reports. Separated into 3 sections, each one with a transparent advent, this selection of new essays from top critics outlines ongoing debates at the nature of modernist tradition. This assortment examines aesthetic and methodological hyperlinks among modernist literature and idea.
Bloomsbury, Modernism, and the Reinvention of Intimacy integrates stories of six participants and colleagues of the Bloomsbury workforce right into a wealthy narrative of early 20th century tradition, encompassing adjustments within the demographics of personal and public lifestyles, and Freudian and sexological attacks on middle-class proprieties Jesse Wolfe indicates how a number of modernist writers felt torn among the inherited associations of monogamy and marriage and rising theories of sexuality which challenged Victorian notions of maleness and femaleness.
The Cambridge spouse to American Modernism offers a finished and authoritative evaluate of yank literary modernism from 1890 to 1939. those unique essays through twelve exotic students of overseas recognition supply serious overviews of the key genres, literary tradition, and social contexts that outline the present nation of recent American literature and cultural experiences.
Modernism and Masculinity investigates the numerous dimensions and manifestations of masculinity within the modernist interval. 13 essays from major students reframe severe developments in modernist experiences by way of analyzing specific good points of modernist literary and cultural paintings during the lens of masculinity and male privilege.
Extra info for A Companion to Modernist Literature and Culture (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture)
A Companion to Modernist Literature and Culture (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture) by David Bradshaw,Kevin J. H. Dettmar